The year that felt like it lasted a century and at the same time a second. March to December seemed like one long week, where you wake up and repeat what you did the day before…It was definitely not the easiest year for most people, a very uncertain and challenging year in all aspects. But, it’s behind us, so congratulations for making through it!
For me like most of you it was definitely the year I had not planned or envisioned, but hey life is pretty unpredictable. I am glad that all the people I love are alive and healthy, because that’s the most important thing at the end of the day.
I didn’t particularly find this year horrible or terrible, but quiet the contrary. It was a year that I finally settled and slowed down, but now, I am ready to get back to my hectic lifestyle known to me before. Last year, especially the second half of the year I really lost myself. I was in a very bad both mental and physical state, I though I was happy, but in reality I was very unhappy and hated my life, and very little people knew about this. This year I overcame that, I became genuinely happy and content, enjoyed life and appreciated the little things. I let go of toxic people, one way relationships, let go of things that were bad for my mental health and brought me unhappiness and built new ones.
I got to spend a lot of time with my thoughts and decide what I want in life and where I see myself in the future, a talk that I had been postponing for a long time.
In July I got a dog together with my boyfriend and honestly it was one of the best decisions this year. I had forgotten how beautiful is the feeling of having a little furry friend that will always keep you company and love you unconditionally.
On professional aspect it was also a very successful year, I continued the collaborations with the people I have been working with for years, but also started working with brands that I loved and that were on my wish list for a very long time. I pursued my dream of starting my very own brand Beyond Green, which I am very proud of.
But this year hasn’t been all pink to me either, I moved back from London because of COVID, I was supposed to do my Masters degree in the fall, but decided to defer it for next year, which meant not going back to London. I had a lot of canceled plans, travels, lots of rejections, moments where I was super unproductive and didn’t do anything, midlife crisis that I have no idea what I am doing with my life or what I want to do…but at the end of the year I figured out most things.
A year that took a lot from every one, I want to count my blessings and gratitudes:
- I am grateful that I have my family and friends, and all of them are on count and healthy.
- I am grateful of the unreserved love and support I receive from my family, boyfriend and friends, especially from my mother and father.
- I am grateful to my boyfriend, who made this year so good and fun, and filled with so many memorable events.
- I am grateful for my friends that made this year bearable, even though we had to hang out through video calls.
- I am grateful for the two fur balls that came in my life (and although they demolished everything) I loved the to bits and pieces.
- I am grateful for getting the chance to spend time at home without rushing anywhere or living in a constant state of FOMO.
- I am grateful that I get to do what I want and turn into reality everything I have envisioned.
I am wishing you all a Happy New Year, lots of health, love, laugher and positivity in the new year!